What happens when you mix the finest Persian henna, fair trade organic cocoa butter and inspiration from the ancient Chinese tradition of carrying tea? Great results.
Our henna are natural, organic hair dyes that work like a varnish over your natural hair color to coat every strand. Using an herbal hair dye like henna means that every shade is completely unique, emerging roots look subtle compared to synthetic dye alternatives—plus, your hair gains an additional protective layer, boosting condition and gloss. Each color is expertly blended with henna and you can choose from four vibrant options: Rouge, Noir, Marron and Brun
How to use henna
- Rubber gloves
- Bain-marie or a heatproof bowl in a saucepan
- Stirring spoon
- Newspapers on the floor
- Clips to section your hair
- Dark-colored towels
- Cling film/shower cap (optional)
- Protective balm, like Ultrabland (also optional)
- Coloring brush to apply henna (or just use your gloved hands)
First, do a strand test
To make sure you’re completely happy with the results, always complete a strand test (this is particularly important if you have chemically treated your hair in any way). The color will continue to develop for up to 24 hours after application.
Add boiling water to a small amount of henna in a heatproof bowl and use rubber gloves to apply to a section of hair about half an inch wide. Leave for up to three hours, shampoo and rinse out. If you are satisfied with the color after 24 hours, apply the henna to the rest of the hair.
Note: If more than 40% of your hair is gray, remember to include some in your strand test. After using henna, gray hairs sparkle brighter than dark ones, so expect vibrant results.
Step by step
1. Smooth a protective balm like Ultrabland around the hairline to ensure your skin isn’t accidentally tinted.
2. Break your henna block into chunks and place into a bain-marie or heatproof bowl over a pot of hot water. Cover the henna with boiling water and stir until the mixture resembles melted chocolate.
3. When the henna is comfortably hot, apply it evenly to clean, dry hair. For best results, work from the roots to the tips, starting from the back of the hair and moving towards the front. During the application, ensure the henna stays comfortably hot in your bain-marie or saucepan.
Any questions about our Henna Hair Dyes? Contact our amazing Customer Care Team or book a virtual consultation. One of our shop experts will be more than happy to help you choose the perfect shade and treatment for your hair.